Monday, November 23, 2009

Corbyn's 1st Week




We are so in love with our little girl! Corbyn is so calm and content and amazingly easy to care for so far! She generally has just one middle of the night feed..not bad for a newborn. Matt has been doing the night feeds since it has been difficult for me to move in and out of bed, but he returns to work tomorrow, so I will take over that job. Everything went well at her first pediatrician appointment last week...already starting to return to her birth weight. Corbyn had her first photo shoot today and the photographer was impressed at how "easy" she was to work with. I can't wait to share some of those pictures...absolutely adorable! I am recovering well and am able to move around more comfortably each day. Just a week ago I didn't think I'd ever be able to walk again, but I'm slowly starting to feel like a normal person as each day passes. I had my staples removed on Friday and now feel less irritated. I still fatigue easily due to my significant blood loss during the C-section and am still quite swollen, but again, each day is better than the last. My parents are still in town and have been amazingly supportive and helpful during my recovery and in Corbyn's transition to her new home. I don't know what we would do without them! I will miss them terribly when they go back to Arkansas! They plan on staying here through Thanksgiving, as we are having a small family gathering at Matt's parents house. Josie is adapting well and is very gentle with her new sister. She is more cuddly than ever now, though!

1 comment:

  1. so glad for all of you! she is adorably cute!! i'll email soon. xo, niki

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers